About Dr. Bahar Nia
As the Founder and Clinical Director of Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, Dr. Nia is not new to the field. In fact, as a second-generation cosmetic dentist in Atlanta, she grew up watching her father work at his own dental practice. After graduating from her prestigious Ivy League education at The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, she decided to further her education by attending a postdoctoral residency in Houston. This gave Dr. Nia the opportunity to collaborate with the MD Anderson Cancer Center where she became more well-rounded in the diagnosis of oral, head, and neck oncology. Her philosophy of patient care is a wholesome approach to both diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Nia provides aesthetically beautiful smile makeovers with a sense of perfectionism and great attention to detail.
She is married to her husband, a fellow dentist, and a classmate from college. They have two little girls, Lily and Leah, and a teacup Yorkie, Lulu. Dr. Nia enjoys spending time with her friends and family and traveling to learn more about other cultures. She prides herself in teaching her children respect, inclusivity, and diversity outside of their Persian background.
Recognition of Dr. Nia
Throughout her career, Dr. Nia has been recognized in honor societies and awarded for her clinical and non-clinical excellence in leadership and dentistry. She has received prestigious recognition as Atlanta’s “Top Doctor” and “Top Dentist” for several consecutive years.
Dr. Nia has been featured by media channels such as NBC 11 Alive and Atlanta & Company for her expertise in cosmetic dentistry and dental technologies. You can also find her featured in many national and local publications such as Vogue, Allure, Vanity Fair, GQ, Modern Luxury, The Atlantan, Atlanta Magazine, Best Self Atlanta, Atlanta Parent, and more.
Dr. Nia sits on the board of directors for the “American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry”, Georgia Chapter. She is passionate about lifelong education and continuous personal growth. Dr. Nia also believes in the core meaning of giving back. She contributes to many local community programs and charitable foundations including “Susan G. Komen of Greater Atlanta”, “Atlanta Aids Fund” through “Jeffery Fashion Cares”, “National Black Art”, “Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential”, “Georgia Court Appointed Special Advocate”, “Eric Beverly Family Foundation” and “Simple Needs Georgia”. As a patron, Dr. Nia continuously gives back and even provides charitable anonymous smile makeovers.
Professional Accolade & Memberships
- Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD)
- Georgia Dental Association (GDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- America Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE)
- American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- America Association of Women Dentists (AAWD)
- European Society of Cosmetic Dentistry (ESCD)
- American Academy of Esthetic Medicine (AAAM)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Northern District Georgia Dental Association (NDDS)
- University of Pennsylvania Dental Medicine Alumni (Atlanta Chapter)
Awards And Recognitions
- Atlanta Top Doctors 2012
- Atlanta Top Doctors 2013
- Atlanta Top Dentists 2018
- Jezebel Best of Atlanta, 2019
- Modern Luxury Award Winner of the Lux List, 2019
- Atlanta Parent Magazine Mom’s Approved Dentist, 2018
- Atlantan Magazine Most Premier Cosmetic & Family dentist, 2018
- Atlanta’s Women of Style 2019
- Atlanta’s Best Cosmetic Dentist 2020
- Atlanta’s Most Influential Women in Medicine 2019
- Atlanta’s Best of the City Health and Beauty 2020