Meet Dr. Nia
DR. BAHAR NIA, Founder and Clinical Director of Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, is not new to the field. In fact, as a second-generation cosmetic dentist, she grew up watching her father’s work at his own dental practice. After graduating from her prestigious Ivy League education at The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, she decided to further her education by attending a postdoctoral residency in Houston. This gave Dr. Nia the opportunity to collaborate with the MD Anderson Cancer Center where she became more well-rounded in the diagnosis of oral, head and neck oncology. Her philosophy of patient care is a wholesome approach in both diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Nia provides esthetically beautiful smile makeovers with a sense of perfectionism and great attention to detail.
Throughout her career, Dr. Nia has been recognized in honor societies and awarded for her clinical and non-clinical excellence in leadership and dentistry. She has received prestigious recognition as Atlanta’s “Top Doctor” and “Top Dentist” for several consecutive years. Dr. Nia has been featured by media channels such as NBC 11 Alive and Atlanta & Company for her expertise on cosmetic dentistry and dental technologies. You can also find her featured in many national and local publications such as Vogue, Allure, Vanity Fair, GQ, Modern Luxury, The Atlantan, Atlanta Magazine, Best Self Atlanta, Atlanta Parent and more.
Dr. Nia sits on the board of directors for the “American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry”, Georgia Chapter. She is passionate about lifelong education and continuous personal growth. Dr. Nia also believes in the core meaning of giving back. She contributes to many local community programs and charitable foundations including “Susan G. Komen of Greater Atlanta”, “Atlanta Aids Fund” through “Jeffery Fashion Cares”, “National Black Art”, “Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential”, “Georgia Court Appointed Special Advocate”, “Eric Beverly Family Foundation” and “Simple Needs Georgia”. As a patron, Dr. Nia continuously gives back and even provides charitable anonymous smile makeovers.
She is married to her husband, a fellow dentist and classmate from college. They have two little girls, Lily and Leah, and a teacup Yorkie, Lulu. Dr. Nia enjoys spending time with her friends and family, and traveling to learn more about other cultures. She prides herself in teaching her children respect, inclusivity and diversity outside of their Persian background.
Professional Accolade & Membershipse
- Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD)
- Georgia Dental Association (GDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- America Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE)
- American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- America Association of Women Dentist (AAWD)
- European Society of Cosmetic Dentistry (ESCD)
- American Academy of Esthetic Medicine (AAAM)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Northern District Georgia Dental Association (NDDS)
- University of Pennsylvania Dental Medicine Alumni (Atlanta Chapter)
Awards and recognitions
- Atlanta Magazine “Top Doctors”, 2012-13 & 2018
- Atlanta Magazine “Mom’s Approved Dentist”, 2018
- The Atlantan “Most Premier Cosmetic & Family Dentist”, 2018
- The Atlantan “Women of Style”, 2019
- Jezebel “Best of Atlanta”, 2019
- The Atlantan “Lux List”, 2019
- Modern Luxury Weddings Atlanta “Best Cosmetic Dentist”, 2019
- The Atlantan “Most Influential Women in Medicine”, 2019-20
- The Atlantan “Best Cosmetic Dentist”, 2020
- The Atlantan “Best of the City Health & Beauty”, 2020
- Modern Luxury Medicine + Doctors Atlanta “The Incredibles”, 2020
- Modern Luxury Charity & Social Datebook Atlanta
- “Most Philanthropic Atlantan”, 2020