When you have a cavity so large that your tooth has lost some of its shape or a cracked and chipped tooth that is not only causing you pain but ruining your beautiful smile, dental crowns might be just the solution.
Dr. Bahar Nia is a cosmetic dentist in Buckhead with a stunning facility at Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry. Her award-winning skills in Buckhead dentistry are guaranteed to give you the look you desire while providing you with optimal oral health.
What is a Dental Crown with Buckhead Dentistry?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is securely placed over a tooth to fully restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance.
When a dental crown is cemented into place, the entire visible portion of the tooth is fully encased right down to the gum line.
Why Do You Need Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are recommended for the following situations:
- Restore a broken or worn down tooth
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling and very little tooth left
- Protect the tooth of a child at high risk of tooth decay especially when the child has trouble keeping up with oral hygiene
- Cover a severely discolored and misshapen tooth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a dental implant
- Save a tooth damaged by decay that it can’t support a filling
- As a last hope to keep the tooth secure from failed fillings or microfractures due to severe grinding and heavy bites
Buckhead Dentistry Crown Types
There are many types of dental crowns used, however, the material is different for each patient depending on age and desired appearance. Common dental crown materials include:
- Stainless Steel: These crowns are used on permanent teeth primarily as a temporary measure. The stainless steel crown protects the tooth while a permanent crown from different material is created. This type of crown is commonly used for children at Buckhead family dentist locations to protect a primary tooth from decay. When the primary tooth comes out to make room for the permanent tooth, the dental crown comes out with it. Stainless steel dental crowns are often used for children’s teeth because they’re cost-effective and don’t require multiple visits for placement.
- Porcelain-Metal Crowns: Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns can be color-matched to the rest of your teeth, unlike metal crowns. However, there can be more wearing to opposing teeth compared to metal or even resin crowns and they tend to chip more easily. Since these crowns have a beautiful normal toothlike appearance, they’re a good choice for front teeth.
- Resin Crowns: All-resin dental crowns are less expensive than other types of crowns however they can wear down over time and easily fracture.
- Full Ceramic and Full Porcelain Crown: Crowns made from either all-ceramic or all-porcelain provide a better natural-looking tooth than any other crown and are a great option for people that have metal allergies. This type of crown can be used for front and back teeth.
- Temporary Crowns vs Permanent Crowns: Permanent crowns are made in a dental laboratory local to Atlanta while temporary crowns can be made right in the Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry office. Your temporary crown is made of an acrylic- based material or stainless steel and serves as a temporary restoration until your permanent crown is created.
Contact Dr. Bahar Nia for a Buckhead Dentistry Dental Crowns Appointment
If you’re suffering from a large cavity that has compromised your tooth, or your smile stays hidden because of a fragile discolored tooth, it’s time to contact a Buckhead cosmetic dentist to see if a dental crown is the right option for you.
Dr. Bahar Nia and her talented staff at Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry can help return your healthy beautiful smile at their exceptional family-owned practice.
Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry provides dental crowns and full smile makeovers to many patients including influential celebrities in Atlanta and out of town. If you have one or more teeth causing you pain or holding you back from showing off your cheerful smile, now is the time to make a change to a more confident you!
For the best in Buckhead dentistry, contact Buckhead Cosmetic & Family Dentistry today.